The Snugpak® Bivvi Bag, perfect for UK Weather Conditions & protecting you from evaporative and convection heat loss and one of the Ten Essential Items for Hillwalking & Mountaineering. The Bivvi Bag is listed as an essential item within the ‘Freedom of the Hills Systems Approach’ to Hill Walking, providing emergency shelter for anyone participating in ventures and expeditions. Lightweight, waterproof and windproof, the Bivvi Bag provides protection from weather elements all year round and is small enough to be carried on its own for emergencies, as well as used in conjunction with an entire sleeping system for wild camping and tent based camping ventures.
When planning and conducting any venture, shelter is one of the most important considerations for lightweight travel, even if planned camps are not part of the overall objective. The lightweight bivvi bag, a term abbreviated from bivouac, a French word meaning ‘temporary encampment’, can be used as the bare minimum for light-weight wild camping in the summer, or used in conjunction with a sleeping bag and air mat for planned camps all year round.
The Bivvi bag is the ideal choice for outdoor ventures, bushcraft and emergency survival. With a small volume and exceptional lightweight properties, it can be folded or packed away as a stalwart item in your outdoor kit, with or without a sleeping bag. A 5000mm Hydrostatic Head guarantees waterproof and windproof durability, creating an enclosed micro-climate that increases humidity and maintaining body temperature through the protection of evaporative and convection heat loss.
The technical fabric of the Snugpak Bivvi Bag, Paratex Dry, is breathable, allowing trapped moisture to escape from within the microclimate, keeping you warm, dry and comfortable. Paratex Dry moves moisture out of the sleeping system at an impressive 7.5L of moisture per m 2 per 24 hours. When seeking shelter from the weather elements, you will be grateful for the superior technical features of the Snugpak Bivvi Bag, and have greater confidence in your outdoor ventures, knowing you are equipped to deal with emergency benightment should the worse happen, as well as having a protective shell for your sleeping bag.
Warning: It is important to note that as this has a solid coating, air cannot pass so care should be taken not to completely seal any Bivvi Bag system, to prevent suffocation.
- Mummy Shape - Tapered at the bottom to minimise wasted space.
- Breathable - High moisture-vapour transmission rate helps to keep you dry when you're active.
- Lightweight - Exceptionally lightweight, perfect when on the move.
- Tough - Durable, lightweight and tough.
- Waterproof - 100% waterproof to help keep you dry.
- Stuff Sack Included - Helps to reduce bulk and gives you extra space when travelling.
- Paratex Outer Fabric (100% Nylon) - 100% Waterproof and breathable fabric to keep out the elements. Completely windproof (trapping and stopping the movement of warm air)
- Brand: Snugpak
- Colour: Olive Green
- SKU: 702200
- EAN: 8211654290101
- Width (Chest) 85cm (33")
- Width (Foot) 65cm (26")
- Length 228cm (90")
- Pack Size: 13 x 10 cm
We've Got You Covered
Backed by a 1-Year Warranty against faults with the materials and workmanship from the date of purchase. If you think you have a warranty claim please email us at email@example.com. During this period you can return the product to UKMC and we will work with Snugpak to see if you have a claim. In some rare cases, we are required to return the product to Snugpak for them to inspect causing a delay of a week or so.
Exceptions to the Warranty
For clarification, the following damage would not be covered by your warranty:
Snugpak Liners, Blankets & Bivvi Bags
- General wear and tear over extended use
- Flaws in the fabric caused by excessive wear
- Broken zips caused by forcing, jamming or improper use
- Over stretched seams coming apart
- Buckles subjected to undue force or abrasion
- Draw cord pulled out with excessive force
- Broken stuff bag due to undue force
- Reduced loft of filling
- Commercial use by rental companies
We will beat any price in the UK*!
Have you seen this product for sale in the UK at a lower price than we are currently selling it for? Then challenge us to beat any price but either emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on +44(0)23 9283 8800.
We are available Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:30
* Matched prices must be final prices including Shipping & Taxes