The Scorpion 3 by Snugpak ® is stalwart three-person base camp and expedition tent when a semi-permanent camp is required. The Scorpion design is a ‘Fly-first’ pitch tent that allows quick and easy set-up in difficult and remote areas using an opposing pole design, protecting you all year round from severe weather conditions. A tried and tested favourite of mountaineers, climbers and campers, the Scorpion 3 has impressive floor space, measuring 2.25m long and 1.75m wide, as well as 1.1m of headspace, creating ample room for three people in a top-toe sleeping arrangement. There is also a spacious front porch for storing equipment. In an emergency, the Scorpion 3 can accommodate six people sitting.
The Snugpak® Scorpion 3 is an easily pitched, angled profile tent with an extremely small pack size and a mere trail weight of around 2.9kg. Accompanied by DAC ® Aluminium Poles, it is designed not to take up valuable space and weight in your pack. When travelling on fast and light ventures, the tent design allows individuals to keep different components in each of their packs. This spreads the weight across more than one person. A spacious three-person tent, the Scorpion 3 will shelter you from the worst four-season weather, with an impressive 5000mm hydrostatic head PU Coated Fly sheet, taped seams and a No-See-Um Mesh Mosquito Net, the Scorpion 3 will keep out the bugs in the summer months and the rain throughout the rest of the year. Condensation build-up is also at a minimum with the addition of multiple ventilation channels. The Scorpion design is the perfect green, allowing you to fly-pitch your tent with minimal environmental impact to the surrounding areas.
When ventures and expeditions last more than a few days, and with more people joining you, or if a semi- permeant camp is required, the Scorpion 3 has ten internal pockets for safe storage of everyday items, allowing equipment to be at hand at the end of a long day, or over-night when creature comforts can unpack. The design also incorporates a hanging loop for lights and accessories once you have settled for the night. Hydrostatic head (HH) is a waterproof measurement of a Shelter’s material’s coating; most commonly a thin film of polyurethane finish is added to a material to create polyurethane laminate (PUL). Referred to as a PU Coating, It is this coating that gives Snugpak® Shelters their waterproof & windproof properties.
- Three Person Tent - Suitable for 3 people or 2-3 people with gear.
- Waterproof - 100% waterproof to help keep you dry.
- Windproof - Provides protection from the wind.
- DAC Poles - DAC® Featherlite NSL® anodized poles with press fit connectors, made from TH72M aluminium.
- Tent Stakes - Supplied with a set of stakes/pegs.
- Weight - Weighs 3400 grams all in
- Green Outer and Black Mesh Inner, Perfect for Base Camping Ventures & Expeditions
- Single-point Front Entry with ample porch space
- Multiple Ventilation Channels
- Lightweight, but robust, 210t Ripstop Flysheet with 5000mm Waterproof PU Coating
- Lightweight 190t Nylon 5000mm Waterproof PU Groundsheet, Bathtub Style
- Lightweight 190t Polyester Mesh Inner, with 50D No-See-Um-Mesh Mosquito Net
- Waterproof Taped Seams
- Ten Mesh Internal Pockets for equipment and head-end hanging loop (Five on each side)
- Three DAC® Featherlite NSL® Anodised Aluminium Poles, with press fit connections
- Supplied with 18 Lightweight Alloy Cross-Stakes, with two-spares
- This tent is Flame Retardant
- Brand: Snugpak
- Colour: Olive Green
- SKU: 703090
- EAN: 8211659425904
- Trail Weight - 2.93kgs / 6.46lb (Fly, Poles & Inner Tent)
- Pack Weight - 3.4kgs / 7.5lb (Fly, Poles, Inner Tent, Stakes, Guy Ropes & Stuff Sack)
- Flysheet 325 cm (L) x 195 cm (W) x 130 cm (H)
- Inner Tent 220 cm (L) x 175 cm (W) x 115 cm (H)
- Pack Size: 43 x 21 cm
We've Got You Covered
Backed by a 1-Year Warranty against faults with the materials and workmanship from the date of purchase. If you think you have a warranty claim please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. During this period you can return the product to UKMC and we will work with Snugpak to see if you have a claim. In some rare cases, we are required to return the product to Snugpak for them to inspect causing a delay of a week or so.
Exceptions to the Warranty
For clarification, the following damage would not be covered by your warranty:
- General wear and tear over extended periods of use
- Flaws in the fabric caused by excessive wear
- Water ingress through fabric as a result of UV degradation
- Water ingress through seams caused by excessive abrasion of seams or seam sealant tape
- Broken zips caused by forcing, jamming or improper use
- Over tensioned/stretched seams coming apart
- Buckles subjected to undue force or abrasion
- Broken carry/roller bag if they are over loaded, used for carrying other items or used as a toy
- Any tent pole breakages, these are treated as “fair wear and tear”
- Collateral damage from a pole breakage
- UV degradation
- Condensation, usually caused by lack of ventilation
- Commercial use by rental companies
We will beat any price in the UK*!
Have you seen this product for sale in the UK at a lower price than we are currently selling it for? Then challenge us to beat any price but either emailing us on email@example.com or calling us on +44(0)23 9283 8800.
We are available Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:30
* Matched prices must be final prices including Shipping & Taxes