Lansky has been producing knife sharpening systems of the highest quality for many a year now and this Deluxe Quick Edge Sharpener is no exception. Quick, simple and safe as all good knife sharpeners should be. The simple pull-through action ensures an even sharpening along the whole blade with minimal effort, regardless of your experience. The large, comfortable rubber grip allows complete control and works well on pretty much all blade sizes. This same rubber handle also provides excellent grip, even in the wet, for easy use in the field. Designed for use on regular folding or fixed outdoor blades and also kitchen knives of all sizes.
- Carbide Pull-Thru style Sharpening element
- Roomy, over-moulded rubber grip for maximum comfort and control
- Safety thumb rest
- Lanyard hole for easy attachment to a belt or backpack
- The deluxe version of Lansky’s super fast tungsten carbide sharpener; Upgraded from the Lansky Quick Edge.
- Sharpening angles are pre-set at 22.5º to achieve a 45º inclusive angle
Quick Edge Sharpening Instructions
- Step 1 - Grip the sharpener with your fingers inside the finger guard and your thumb resting against the thumb guard as shown.
- Step 2 - Place knife on a flat, solid surface cutting edge up. Let about 1/2” of the blade extend beyond the edge of the surface. Hold the knife steady with one hand as you begin to sharpen with the other.
- Step 3 - Place the “V” in the head of the Quick Edge Sharpener over the blade of your knife where it joins the handle. Holding the sharpener at roughly 90º to the blade (too great an angle as shown in 3a will result in poor sharpening performance), draw the sharpener toward the tip of the knife. The tungsten carbide sharpener will gradually remove metal from the blade, making it sharp. Repeat 3 to 4 times applying no more than light pressure to produce a razor-sharp edge.
- Step 4 - Clean knife blade thoroughly.
- Note: The tungsten carbide sharpening inserts are reversible and replaceable.
CAUTION: Knife sharpening is an inherently dangerous activity. Used properly this sharpener cannot hurt you but a carelessly handled blade or pointed object can.
- Sharpening Angles: 22.5º
- Inclusive Angle: 45º
- Dimensions: 17.8 cm x 12.7 cm x 2.5 cm / 7" x 5" x 1"
- Weight: 154 g / 5.4 oz
- Brand: Lansky
- SKU: 733450
- MPN: LS09890
- Guarantee: 2 years