Carinthia Tropen Sleeping Bag
✓ Comfort: +5°C ✓ Low: -12°C ✓ Compact
The Carinthia Tropen is a lightweight summer sleeping bag with an integrated mosquito net that has been created for professional users such as the military. It's ideal for those wanting to move light with a pack size of only 18 x 30 cm and a total weight of only 1100 grams (Size M). The Tropen also offers a pretty wide temperature range in which it can operate; Comfort temperature of 5°C and an extreme temperature of right down to -12°C. Its remarkable feature is its vapour permeability which is very important for hot and humid tropical nights. The Shelltrans shell fits loosely over the inner structure and provides an extra layer of insulation with no cold seams. The Tropen also uses the highly regarded G-Loft insulation so you can be sure performance is never an issue.
This construction ensures reserve warmth for cool, foggy nights. In warmer weather, the bottom part of the two-way zipper can be opened for ventilation. The hood is equipped with a mosquito net which can be folded out of the flap if required (it is in the front part of the bag and stored behind the flap with press studs.) The net can easily be attached around the hood by means of the small zipper. The zipper is non-snagging so that you can always get out quickly and easily.
- G-LOFT Plus Filling - Manufactured from high-quality bi-component polymers, the structure of G-LOFT insulation is, in fact, similar in many ways to high-quality goose down. The 3-dimensional crimping ensures maximum resilience and loft.
- Double Layer Sandwich Construction With Loose Shell - Two G-LOFT Plus insulation layers are arranged in such a way that the quilting is offset. The shell is attached afterwards, creating a further layer of air between the quilted insulation and the shell. With no stitch perforations in the shell, it is relatively water and airtight.
- Mummy Shape - Here the criteria of stuff size, weight and warmth are most important. The tapered foot section reduces weight and stuff size. The main advantage is, however, that from the knee downwards there is increasingly less internal volume to keep warm. The foot section should not be so small that the feet cause the layers of insulation to poke out. A trapezoidal foot section has proven to be ideal. A wedge shape, declining evenly in width from top to bottom, does not fit the true proportions of the body.
- Trapezoidal Foot Section - Experience has shown that the trapezoidal cut provides the ultimate foot space. In a normal sleeping position, the feet do not poke the insulation outward, avoiding cold spots. There is also enough room to store a shoe bag or extra clothing.
- Thermoflect - Thermoflect increases the heat retention of a sleeping bag by around 11 %. Thermoflect is Carinthia's solution to heat loss due to body radiation. Thermoflect is an ultra-light, ultra-soft, breathable scrim with the unique ability to reflect body heat.
- Two Way Zipper - All Carinthia military sleeping bags are equipped with a two-way zipper. The glider on the top does not snag, allowing a quick step out if necessary (in case of alert for example). The glider on the downside does stick and can be opened for ventilation.
- Combinable Sleeping Bag System - Some of Carinthia's sleeping bags can be combined to create a sleeping bag system. Such a system can be used as a 4 Season Sleeping Bag and allows you to carry only the weight and the bulk necessary for the prevailing temperatures.
- Brand: Carinthia
- Colour: Olive Green
- Temperature: Comfort 5°C, Low -12°C
- SKU: 703530
- MPN: 94511
Specifications 185 (Medium)
- NSN (Olive): 8465-41-0000-1615
- Length: 220 cm
- Shoulder Width: 85 cm
- Fooded Width: 60 cm
- Weight: 1100 grams
- Pack Size: 18 x 25 cm
Specifications 200 (Large)
- NSN (Olive): 8465-41-0000-1612
- Length: 235 cm
- Shoulder Width: 87 cm
- Fooded Width: 65 cm
- Weight: 1300 grams
- Pack Size: 18 x 28 cm
We've Got You Covered
Backed by a 2-year guarantee against faults with the materials and workmanship. During this period UKMC will repair or replace the item while under instruction by Carinthia. in some rare cases we may need to return the item to Carinthia directly for their inspection; In these cases, there will be a delay of approximately 2 weeks. Normal wear and tear not covered.