The Petzl Pirana descender offers multiple braking options and can be installed on the rope without removing it from the harness. Designed for use with canyoning descent techniques.
- Three different braking positions to select from before beginning a descent
- Two supplementary braking spurs allow friction to be varied during descent
- A carabiner with a cross section of 12 mm (e.g. ATTACHE) provides a tight fit in the small hole, creating a "rigid" carabiner/descender unit
- Stays securely attached to the harness during rope insertion, to help prevent loss
- Reduces the risk of leverage on the carabiner gate due to poor positioning
- The PIRANA helps prevent the formation of a lark's head hitch around the body and reduces rope twisting, without decreasing braking friction
- Rope compatibility : For use with single ropes between 8 and 13 mm in diameter
- Can be used on double ropes, but certain braking positions may not be usable depending on the rope's diameter.
- Material(s) : hot forged aluminum body (6082 ALU)
- For use with a locking carabiner having a 12 mm cross-section (ATTACHE or WILLIAM)
- Guarantee: 3 years
- Weight: 90 grams
- Brand: Petzl
- SKU: 381400
- MPN: D05 N
We've Got You Covered
Backed by a 3-year guarantee against faults with the materials or workmanship. Normal wear and tear not included. During this period UKMC will repair or replace the item as we deem required.
UKMC guarantees that all products on our website are 100% genuine and exactly as described. Never take risks with your equipment and only buy from reputable stores such as ourselves.
We will beat any price in the UK*!
Have you seen this product for sale in the UK at a lower price than we are currently selling it for? Then challenge us to beat any price but either emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on +44(0)23 9283 8800.
We are available Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:30
* Matched prices must be final prices including Shipping & Taxes